14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 11:39 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Delay Issue when drawing

nathk79423099 Level 1

Hi,

I am using an Ipad Pro 2nd Gen to run Adobe Draw, but seems that my device can't handle the application.

When drawing or erasing, application usually becomes slow, and starts having a huge delay. I already went to Apple Support and they made all kinds of tests to the device to check that everything was running ok.

I'm attaching a video.

• 1. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi NathK.

Thanks for the video. It makes it pretty darn clear that things aren't working as they should be. A couple of questions:

* From this video it looks like the only art that's on the page is that one little section you're drawing. By any chance do you have additional layers/content hidden? If you do, can you tell me what that consists of (layers, complexity)?

* What happens if you force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch Draw? Does drawing become any easier?

* I know this sounds unrelated, but do you use Capture CC? If you do, do you have shapes in those libraries that you use in Draw? How many shapes are in each library?

Thanks for your time with this.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
            nathk79423099 Level 1

Hi there! Thanks for your response. Let me go through all your questions:

1) It is indeed a little drawing made on a page corner made from a simple shape and another layer for the colour that I merged later on (attaching image)

2) Nope, doesn't matter even if its the only open app before a clean restart from iPad.

3) No, not using Capture CC haven't tried it yet.

To me, it looks like a problem when rendering (if this is still a thing) the brush shapes. Happens with both, complex and super simple drawings.

By that way, I'm running the latest iOS update 11.1.2 and latest available version of adobe draw.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help

D6FE15A1-9AC6-4F79-BD49-FEB7B030C1F5.png9AEE575E-26C8-4A72-91A5-40CD2A79F816.png

• 3. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

Thanks NathK.

This is really helpful (your answers are what I expected). I've contacted the Draw team and I'm just waiting to hear back.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

Hi NathK.

I spoke with the Draw team and they would like it if you could share a link to the drawing you're working on in the video.

Here's how to do that:

Open the drawing you want to share (you should be able to see all your drawing tools).

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Porject.

Don't post it publicly; instead please direct message that link to me here (tap on my name then Message).

Thanks.

Sue.

• 5. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
                  sharon1965

Hello Sue,

I would like to chime in here because I am having the same issues on my iPad Pro and it just started a few days ago when I up dated my iPad to,the most recent operating system.  besides a delay in operation it also closes the program frequentl.  I have restarted my devive, and I’m have backed everything up and done a factory reset.  Still having problems.  It is a ltitle better if I start a new project and delete to the fewest layers but eventually I have the same problem.  Please let me know if there is a fix for this. 

Sincerely,

Sharon

• 6. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
                    elleng56512054

I also am having this issue and it seems tied to a drawing I just created today. I’m hoping there’s a workaround or fix available now?

• 7. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

Sharon.

Although I received a lot of feedback over the holidays of Draw lagging, If the app is crashing, you may be having a different problem than what's happening to NathK. A quick question:

Are you using Capture CC?

I know this sounds unrelated but if you are using it, please sign in to https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/libraries with your Adobe ID and tell me how many Capture shapes you have in any SINGLE Capture library.

Sue.

• 8. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

Ellen.

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw do you see the drawing there?

Sue.

• 9. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
                          elleng56512054 Level 1

Hi Sue,

Thanks for following up. I do see the drawing when I sign in using that link. I also duplicated it and see that one too. The duplicate has the same issue.

• 10. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
                            sharon1965 Level 1

Hi Sue,

I do not use CC Capture but I had saved a lot of my drawings as vector smart objects and they were all stored in one library.  I deleted from 28 down to 7 and have had no delay issues while drawing for the past 2 hours so perhaps that was it.  So perhaps that was it.  Thanks so much for your feedback. 

Sincerely,

Sharon

• 11. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

HI Ellen.

I'm so sorry I didn't see your response until just now.

Probably the best thing to do, if you can pretty much identify it as the "problem," is to get it out of the app. Are you able to save the drawing as  PDF or send it to the desktop apps? Or is that function stuck/not working?

If it's not working, will you share the drawing with me through the in-app feedback? Since the drawing is synced, you can do this from the app:

Open the drawing you want to share (you should be able to see all your drawing tools).

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Project.

Either send that through the in-app feedback (tap Settings, then Send Feedback) or direct message it to me here (tap my name then Message).

Sue.

• 12. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

Sharon.

That's not a large number of assets for a single library, but if they were complex perhaps they were causing a problem.

Until the team puts a fix into Draw if you just keep them in separate libraries it will help.

Thanks for letting me know everything's working okay now.

Sue.

• 13. Re: Delay Issue when drawing
                                  amypaintsziji

All:

I, too have been encountering maddenIng delays and crashes after the latest updates. It’s particularly distressing to have it crash when painting  abstractly because there is really no way to reproduce the last portion of the painting I was working on.  I’m looking forward to the fix!

Amy

• 14. Re: Delay Issue when drawing

Amy.

I'm sorry; I know how frustrating the lagging freezing and crashing can be.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you're experiencing and when you're experiencing it? Some people are experiencing crashes as soon as they launch the app. The delays, on the other hand, are somewhat more random, and the experiences differ.

Any additional information you can give me will be helpful.

Sue.