16 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 11:22 AM by kglad

Using buttons in movie clip

garethghards.co.za Level 1

Im also having trouble, i got a list of buttons in a movie clip, and they all change colour when in the "over" state, and each have a list of other buttons that become "true" and not "false" anymore when the button in the list is rolled over.

the list of buttons include functions to turn other buttons- (selected Falses to true) to all "false" so that only the rolled over buttons selections of to become "true" are then true, found this to be the easiest due to layers, to just switch the others off on the rollover of the buttons in the list.

I want to keep the rolled over buttons state , when viewing the selected "true" buttons when the button/buttons is rolled over activating the "false"object to become "true" which is a button too, and too for them to, i want to change the state of the sub button state so that the main in the list and the (next button selected) can also change to the "over state which is only a colour change of the buttons backround.

I read and tried, abc.upState = abc.overState;

and

abc.onRollOver = function(){

abc.gotoAndPlay("over");

}

im using action script 2 and later saw that abc.upState = abc.overState; is action script 3, is this :

abc.onRollOver = function(){

abc.gotoAndPlay("over");

}

also action script 3, ?

I would like the buttons to stay in over state when rolled over, im using action script 2

PLEASE HELP