• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPad Pro Lr App Raw image quality - am I doing something wrong??

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellooo.....I have shot in raw (only raw no jpeg duplicates) using my dslr and then imported directly to iPad. Having seen in the photos app where I imported the images that I can view them I automatically cleared them off my SD card. Then when going to view them the picture quality was terrible...like....2006 camera phone spread onto at 13 inch screen kinda look. So I then used Lightroom iPad app to open the images and while they were slightly less horrible the quality is nowhere near what I would expect. It's not crisp and all sharp lines vanish when you zoom in. The jpegs I have shot have better zoom power than this. I'm worried as I'm travelling with my dslr and iPad Pro only with no access to desktop versions. These were some of my best shots that I may not be able to retake - have I f*cked up? is there something else I can do or should I attempt to recover the deleted photos from my SD card and try again? What can I do for the future?

im attempting to take some real fancy shots as a travel photographer wannabe and told to shoot in raw...but if I can't save them to the iPad/iCloud is it even worth it? I'm out for 4 months so I have to be able to import and upload them for safekeeping.

thankyou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you processed the RAW images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know - I followed the steps on the Lightroom website/apple/random photographer blog that said nothing about processin. Simply importing them and opening them in LR and being ready to edit. I am new to using Lightroom too - I would usually use adobe bridge on desktop but as I only have the iPad I don't really know what I'm doing with these apps

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  You're in a deep-end.  RAW images are unprocessed, so they don't have any saturation/contrast/sharpening applied, which JPEGs do.  Cameras automatically apply intelligent processing to JPEGs to make the images immediately useable.  RAWs don't give you that, so you must process them after taking them.

If you don't know what you're doing, and your trip is imminent, I would either focus on doing some Lightroom courses (or YouTube videos), or start shooting RAW+JPEG so that you'll get reasonable JPEGs from the outset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines