• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHERE IS ADOBE TECHNICAL SUPPORT (1114 issue , Invalid Filter)

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry if I opened another thread, but this problem persist, and it would be great to have some feedback. Currently I cannot use more that 3 plugins.

The workflow to use them is to always open a new project load some of them and reload the project...

This happened after installing ae cc2108.

I have reinstalled Ae cc2017, updated windows, updated graphic card drivers for gtx 1080, changed opencl.dll file as somebody suggested, followed an adobe topic that speak about to changing graphic card performance, re installed all plug ins packages. result nothing. and I cannot work.

client is waiting.

I suggest to spend some money upgrading technical support next release

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

This error 1114 is generally the mark of too many plugins.

Of course, from the user standpoint, and everybody else, there is no such things as "too many plugins".

But this is really a limitation (read "flaw") on Windows, and we have tried to reach out to all third-party plugins vendors, and tell them how to fix it.

If you are interested, this is the technical problem: Building extensions for Python 3.5 Part Two | Steve Dower

Basically, I'd recommend to talk to your plugin vendor, and ask to read th

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you under the impression that THIS is technical support?

To contact technical support click the Adobe logo at the upper left of this page or go to your account page. Then find the area that says "support" and look for the the little headphones icon that says "contact us".

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This error 1114 is generally the mark of too many plugins.

Of course, from the user standpoint, and everybody else, there is no such things as "too many plugins".

But this is really a limitation (read "flaw") on Windows, and we have tried to reach out to all third-party plugins vendors, and tell them how to fix it.

If you are interested, this is the technical problem: Building extensions for Python 3.5 Part Two | Steve Dower

Basically, I'd recommend to talk to your plugin vendor, and ask to read the link above. Or just tell them "use /MD when compiling plugins on Windows, not /MT". They'll know what it means.

Check also if the vendor has updated the plugin, cause several vendors have fixed their plugins in the past, but there isn't much we can do beside informing the plugin creators.

This problem is not new, in fact it is becoming more and more widespread due to the large amounts of plugins out there. It will happen only once the number of plugins reach a particular threshold, which is also dependent on how many of those faulty ones are in use simultaneously in AE or Pr or any adobe app.

Finally the only way to work around it, is to exclude some plugins from loading, but unfortunately this works only if the plugins excluded are the faulty ones causing Windows to refuse to load the plugins. The only way to know that, is to drop the extension in another app which can inspect it (like "Dependency Walker"), but that's pretty involved and I wish there was another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines