• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader download

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.11.6  El Capitan 2.4ghz, When trying to download Adobe Reader I am confronted with " You can not open application'Adobe Reader' because Power PC applications are no longer supported" Whats up? This is a Intel IMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matts,

I will request you to install the latest version of Adobe Reader from the following link Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution 

before installation of the latest version, make sure you uninstall the old version of Reader from the machine, run the uninstaller file of Reader from the Application, then reboot the machine and install the latest version of Reader DC.

May I please know which version of Adobe Reader you are trying to install and getting the error message?

Hope this helps, and let us know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my application file i have a acrobat .com folder and a Reader 9 file.When I click on Acrobat file i get a window that says ' Acrobat.com quit unexpectedly '. Now for adobe 9, When I click on that icon I get a window with nothing in it. What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be trying to run a very, very old version of Reader. If you downloaded it, where from? Check it's only official Adobe sites used or you could get nasty surprises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody there? Hello????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still running package scripts 5 hours later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matt,

Are you trying to install the new Acrobat Reader, and facing issues. if yes, please stop and cancel the installation process. Restart the computer.

Try to run the uninstaller file of Adobe Reader from Application. Restart the computer again.

Then remove(move to trash) the Adobe Reader folders from System and User Library i.e. ~/library/ApplicationSupport and //library/ApplicationSupport.

Restart the computer again and install the Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Note: Make sure you install the latest version of Adobe Reader only and uninstall all the old versions of Adobe Reader from the machine.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matt,

Please run the uninstaller file one by one of Acrobat and Reader to uninstall them.

Then trash all the Acrobat and Reader folders from Application and Utilities.

Restart the machine and then install the Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes.

- Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I not need to open the files to uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to open the uninstaller files only for Acrobat/Reader which is under Application menu to uninstall Acrobat/Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are the uninstaller files IN the Adobe/Acrobat files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read 5.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean 6. I can not open the uninstall files because they won't open or are not there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if they are not opening i.e. you are unable to run the uninstaller files, move the Acrobat/Reader folders in the  trash, then empty the trash as well. Reboot and try to install Reader/Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as before, stuck on' running package scripts'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines