• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

An operating system that Photoshop no longer supports ?

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just purchased a subscription to adobe CC (monthly payments) , and I got redirected to a page to start downloading the apps, but I cant : I don't understand why I'm getting the following message :

You are running an operating system that Photoshop no longer supports. Refer to the system requirements for a full list of supported platforms.

I'm on Windows 7 , got 8 GB Ram, plenty of Free Disk Space to install anything, and I've successfully ran Photoshop and Illustrator in the past on the same PC. Not sure what to do ?

specs.jpg

wtfadobe.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Download Creative Cloud setup from below link and then install the same. :

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

once installed login with Adobe ID and Password . click on Apps tab and install Photoshop cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be able to install the latest version, Photoshop system requirements

install the cc desktop app from here, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud  and use it to install your subscription programs and trials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Malcdesign,

In addition to Kglad's suggestion you might also want right click and get properties on the shortcut you're using to launch Photoshop and go to the compatibility tab and ensure its not set to run in any kind of compatibility mode.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Creative Cloud setup from below link and then install the same. :

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

once installed login with Adobe ID and Password . click on Apps tab and install Photoshop cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was the way to go. It was just confusing to see that message show up the very first time. My feeling went went from "Great, I just purchased some good apps to get creative" feeling pleased and excited , and then immediately BAM ! Hit the wall. Problem! But luckly it was a false alarm.

All apps working so far, PS, AI, IND... Thanks for the help Bruchovn. However there seem to be another problem which is related to the website, there's some redirects issues when I try to login to the forums, but that's another issue and I'm sure Adobe Staff is aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to other readers, you shouldn't use the link in message 3.  use the link in message 1 because it's more likely to offer the latest cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Both are same  , I created that link by clicking on Download button from Official Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app:

kglad​

I hope this will clear your doubts, the Creative Cloud setup is nothing but tiny online installer file , it will detect all the necessary requirements on the system, and also connects to Adobe download server and fetch the updated version setup file and downloads it to temporary location on the system and install the same.  There is nothing like older version installer  or updated Creative Cloud setup file , except for Adobe Application Manager whose older versions are still available for download.

For example AAM current version 10  , but still version 9 is available for download :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager10.0_all.dmg

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

The reason why I give direct link is , its not only cache or cookies . sometimes the access to download will be blocked by securities suites or web access security and also sometimes scripts are not abe to run in the browser to initiate download session. Most of the users are not okay with disabling Security suites or installing Additional Browsers.

if you have any queries , please check with Adobe staff once or you can also check with me , before passing the information to users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines