Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom scrubby zoom problems, Mac Sierra

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a really frustrating issue with the newest drivers for my intuos pro. I like to assign "Pan/Scroll" to my bottom pen button, it makes navigating the canvas in photoshop really fast as well as moving around finder windows etc. It also means when you're in photoshop you can hold down the pen button and the command key to scrubby zoom in and out of the image which is super convenient.

The problem I'm having at the minute is that photoshop seems to track the movement of the pen even after I have lifted it from the canvas/released the button click. This means if I zoom into an image and release the click to start using the pen it will usually zoom me in or out further to a random level which makes it incredibly difficult to actually use this technique. This didnt use to be a problem and I could shoot around the canvas very quickly, now I have to zoom in and wait a second for the the pen to stop registering as 'clicked'.

I would love to know if this is a problem inherent with the driver or if I have something else interfering with it.

I would really appreciate if someone could try the following steps and see if they can recreate the problem:

1- In tablet preferences set the bottom button to "pan/scroll"

2-Open a document in photoshop, select the 'zoom' tool and enable 'scrubby zoom'

3- Hold down the button you just re-assigned on the pen along with 'command' and drag the pen to the right across the tablet. This should zoom in the document. Dragging to the left will zoom out.

4- If you zoom in really fast then lift the pen to disengage the click and do a little 'scribble' back and forth without touching the tablet does the canvas continue to rapidly zoom in and out for half a second before stopping?

Slightly difficult to explain the process but I would really appreciate if anyone might be able to confirm this is an issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?