1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2017 2:53 AM by davescm

Convert Semi-Transparent Pixels to Fully Opaque

johnt53984649 Level 2

Suppose I have a layer in Photoshop containing completely transparent, semi-transparent, and fully opaque pixels.  Now, suppose my goal is to keep all fully opaque pixels identical, convert all semi-transparent pixels to fully opaque, and keep all completely transparent pixels identical.

One way that I've found I can do this is by duplicating the layer around 20 to 30 times and then merging them all together, but I need a way to automate this process in a Photoshop script for hundreds and hundreds of layers, so making that many copies is extremely inefficient and will waste a lot of time.

Is there a simpler, faster way to achieve this, preferably something I can use easily in a .jsx Photoshop script?

• 1. Re: Convert Semi-Transparent Pixels to Fully Opaque
          davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi

You could record an action with the following steps

1. Layer > Layer Mask >From Transparency    (this creates a mask from the transparency and selects the mask)

2. Image adjustment threshold 1                       (this changes the mask to only leave the fully transparent pixels)

3. Apply Layer Mask                                          (this applies the mask to the layer )

Recorded it looks like this :

Then it is just select the layer and run the action - which you could build into a larger action or a batch process

Dave