• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import .psd files into after effects with attached Alpha channel

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can someone tell me how to import psd's with alpha channels into the new after effects 2018. I am importing exactly the same way as i have always done with other versions only now the option of "straight-unmatted" has been removed. Any clues as to what to do, is there a new process of importing these files that I dont know about?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what you are asking. PSD import doesn't even use the Alpha channel, it uses the layer's native transparency. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the process I have gone through in the past was to create a selection around a portion of an image, saved the selection without giving it a name, then saving the psd. i then would import the psd into after effects and the dialogue box would ask if i wanted to import the document as footage or composition/(retain layer size). Because i had saved a selection within the document i would then be asked if i wanted to import as straight un-matted giving me the use of the alpha channel as an automatic mask in after effects. With the recent compulsory update to cc 2018, this straight un-matted option has disappeared. Appologies for the long-winded explanation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tives,

Are you still having this problem? Typically, I do all my transparency work in Photoshop, including knocking out the background. Have you tried that? If you need assistance with that, do let me know.

You can also work with our agents. Here's how: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines