• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from PC to Mac (and from version 5 to Classic CC)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's all I know. LR Classic is now installed on the Mac. My pictures are still left on my PC, so now I guess I need a step-by-step instruction from someone who also has quite a bit of patience.
I suppose I could always move the files by using Dropbox. I'm far more anxious about getting all my tags and descriptions and editing with me.
Also, it's been a few years since I last worked with this, so I will also need a few lines about creating a new catalog, if that is needed.
Meanwhile, I'll read the manual the best I can.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I feel (quite) sure everything has been copied now, and I'm about to install on the Mac.
BUT: then there's the question, what is the correct procedure for starting up on Mac? The program is installed, and I have a vague idea of where to store the pictures, but I'm not quite sure about the further process, and so far I haven't been able to google an answer. Though I am pretty sure there must be a link for that as well. Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply. : -)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then there's the question, what is the correct procedure for starting up on Mac?

This is too vague. Please be more specific.

And I'm a little confused because the link I gave you contains every step you will need to complete this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! SO sorry! What happened was that I forgot that I had left the main page when I clicked the link about how to copy the files. I reached the bottom, and thought: Yes? But now what?
I feel pretty stupid now. Sorry, and thanks a lot again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ONE more question, though. I thought I was supposed to enter the registration code from my previous version, or at least for the new one, but maybe that doesn't apply when I upgrade from version 5 something to LR Classic CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic is registered by your Adobe ID and password for the subscription you purchased. There is no serial number needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic CC doesn't utilize a serial number. Everything is tied to your Adobe ID and password. All you should need is Lightroom installed, and the catalog and image folders from the old computer. The drive designations will probably be different, so it will probably be necessary for you to use the library option to find missing folders. But that should be fairly straightforward. Your catalog that you have been using previously will have to be upgraded to the new format being utilized by Lightroom Classic CC, but that will be implemented automatically the first time you start Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines