• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert button of the source window doen`t work windows 10

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a Clip inside the source window and want to add it to the timeline. Drag and drop works fine. But if I want to do the same thing using either the insert button nor the overwrite button work. I can press them but nothing happens. Normal behaviour? Sorry for my english I`m german. Any advice is welcome. I have the latest version of premiere pro cc2018.

I searched this Forum but couldn`t find anything. Did I oversee somethig?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

It's the targeting blocks you don't have set correctly. The line of rectangles of the far left of the timeline header block are Source targets, for moving clip or audio from the Source monitor to the timeline via insert or overwrite operations. You need to have one of the far left blocks toggled to blue for video and one for audio to get both to land on the sequence.

Source Patching.PNG

Those two far left blue blocks need to be blue. Click on them if they're charcoal.

The right set of blocks are for targeting track m

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the transport controls on the viewer and program monitors just seem to stop working. Try using the "+" sign like you want to add another button to the window, close it, and see if the buttons start working. If not, drag something to the bar (like safe areas/zones), close it, and then try again.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the targeting blocks you don't have set correctly. The line of rectangles of the far left of the timeline header block are Source targets, for moving clip or audio from the Source monitor to the timeline via insert or overwrite operations. You need to have one of the far left blocks toggled to blue for video and one for audio to get both to land on the sequence.

Source Patching.PNG

Those two far left blue blocks need to be blue. Click on them if they're charcoal.

The right set of blocks are for targeting track movements within a sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was it. Thanks a lot it solved my problem. Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to help. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to wonder that the heck ... then went, oh, duh ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines