• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator can't read .ai files?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what appears when I try to open any type of Illustrator file. Does anyone have a fix for this issue? I'm having the same error in Photoshop opening (most) .psd files. It's REALLY annoying and I can't find anything on the internet about this issue either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator and what OS are you using? Also, have you recently updated either your version of Illustrator or your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2018 and Windows 10. Both are updated and I haven't updated either between the time that this worked and broke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that your hard drive is working fine and not damaged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my other files open. I'm only having problems with Adobe software right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an image of whole screen or Ai workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is just a screenshot of the relevant error message (way too large I know) but there's absolutely nothing else on the rest of the screen so there's no point to sharing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines