Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print with Acrobat DC / MacOS High Sierra

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

since i've updated my OS with High Sierra, i can't print anymore any of my pdf document...

(drivers / all softwares up to date)

Please note that with any other softwares, it works perfect.

any idea?

thanks

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

I called Apple and the tech there had me reinstall the operating system ( after trying other solutions) and that worked. First I had to go through a Live Chat and then a appointment was made for the tech to call, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomasg,

As you have mentioned above, you are not able to print any of the PDF document after updating the Mac OS.

Please make sure that you are using the latest patch released for the Adobe Acrobat DC.

Check the dot version of the Acrobat DC installed on your Mac. You may refer the steps provided here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check the dot version.

Also, try the troubleshooting steps provided here: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Check if it helps.

If that does not work, share the dot version of the application with us.

Also, let us know exactly what happens when you try to print the PDF.

If you get any error message, share the exact message with us.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having trouble printing from Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  Specifics:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version:       2018.009.20050

MacOS 10.13.1  (17B1003)

Error when printing:

Printing - Can't Open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/0eb465a76b5ef."

All other applications print fine. In the middle of tax season this bug is deadly!

/Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow these (Re: Print with Acrobat DC / MacOS High Sierra ) recommendations?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the trouble shooting recommendations as best as I could understand them.  HP doesn't show a driver for High Sierra for my printer.  Yet the printer works fine with all other applications including Adobe  (Photoshop for example).

I have the same version of Acrobat Pro DC [ 2018.009.20050 ] running on my laptop which is running MacOS 10.11.6 and no problem printing here. 

I can print any PDF document using Apple's Preview application on both MacOS 10.11.6 and MacOS 10.13.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look into this: macOS Sierra: Reset the printing system ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have performed the Reseting of the Printing system.  That did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please try to update the application to the latest patch released.

Refer this link Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader for information on updates.

Check if that makes any difference.

If that does not help, try to reset the preferences of the application.

Take help of the steps mentioned here How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Please also let us know if you get this error message on all the PDF's that you try to print or with some particular PDF.

Can you open the PDF in the application without any issue?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I am unfortunately traveling and won’t be back at my computer for a couple of weeks.

To answer some of your questions. I can open the PDF I’m trying to print. I can print the PDF file with Apple’s Preview application. At the time of my highlighting this problem I was using the latest version of Acrobat.

Prior to this I had no problem printing with Acrobat

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem, and it only started today. I have tried installing the updates, as well as resetting the preferences and removing and re-installing the printer. This is extremely problematic for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did change to your system since yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Ever since I updated to High Sierra OS I can no longer print PDF files. I can print screen shots, & MS Office docs with no problem. After several attempts to get help from Acrobat customer service (hours and hours on hold and being xferred etc.) Someone called me back. He walked me thru changing all my print permissions to "full read & write", and then it worked, but now a few days later, it's not working again, and I don't know how he got to that menu.

It was something like: /library, App sup. folder, adobe get info, change to read & write. How do I get back to that menu and why didn't the change revert back?

Currently my printer error message is: Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 4.06.20 AM.png

My versions of Adobe are: Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 4.03.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-21 at 4.04.03 AM.png

So frustrated, can you please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Belindam,

I would suggest you contact our Technical Support: Contact Customer Care

They will look into this further.

Feel free to update this discussion if you have further questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to meenakshin83966505 's recommendations:

printer drivers may not be up to date, even if the OS says so. Sometimes you really have to look at the manufacturers website to find the really latest drivers.

As a general rule: Please give always a maximum of information like the exact version numbers (current is relative and may change soon!). Please give also the printer's make and model. And please state also how the printer is connected (WiFi, Network, USB...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on MacOS High Sierra and Acrobat Reader DC. Software is up to date, drivers are up to date, reset printing system, reinstall software, "print as image", disabling enhanced security have been tried. Still the same issue "unable to print - no page selected".

Print fine with preview.

Don't know why it's not working on this MacBook Pro, same version installed on an iMac and everything is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there must be a difference between the 2 computers.

I know that on complex systems, the differences are quite difficult to isolate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC version are the same :

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 18.11.20036.265267

AGM: 4.30.74

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.39492

MacOS High Sierra version are the same (10.13.3)

Print drivers are the same as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the difference lies in subtle configuration issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This began after the update to High Sierra. I replaced my HP printer with an EPSON and I've spent several hours trouble shooting with apple and the believe it is just an acrobat issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's an acrobat issue, I tried to print pdf with nuance, foxit reader or apple preview and they are all working fine !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and you have one system that works fine. You just need to find out what's that different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compared all software, print drivers and system versions , everything if exactly the same. the only difference is the hardware MacBook Pro / iMac.

I tried to reinstall the print drivers, the printer and Acrobat Reader ... still the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - opens the file but then will not let me choose anything. I choose File, to save to a directory or I choose Print, to print, and nothing happens. Spinning wheel of death begins and then closes unexpectedly. This problem just started in the past few days. All software is up to date and there are no updates available for Acrobat.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 1.34.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solution to fix this, we have to open the pdf file with preview to be able to print it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is STILL occurring. Nothing has been answered. Message I get when trying to print:

Stopped - Can't open "/private/var/spool/cups/tmp/106b05ab22a15"

Started with conversion to High Sierra 10.13.3 on my iMac 3.2 GHz Intel i5

I had this problem with my HP printer and tried to trouble shoot with the HP techs. They could not figure it out.

I tried to trouble shoot with Apple and they could not figure it out.

I bought a new Epson printer and I get the same error message.

I can print from all other programs just not from acrobat.

I need acrobat the most.  My clients need acrobat the most.  They can't print my pdfs either.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines