• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted layers, and Unexpected end-of-file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I just had a recent crash while using Photoshop CC 2018. To be clear it wasn't just Photoshop that crashed, it was my entire system and I had to reboot. After rebooting and attempting to reopen the psd I was working on I was given this message. "This file contains one or more layers which appear to be corrupt. Continue reading layers?" and I was given the option of "OK", "Cancel" and "Flatten" when I chose either "OK" or "Flatten" I was given another message, "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered." I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do at this point to salvage the mess; are there temp files saved away anywhere? (at least I couldn't find them) Even a flattened image would be good. If not are there any repair tools people would recommend?

Thanks,
Bruce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message indicates that the PSD file is corrupt.   Copy the corrupt file to a test folder and download some of the PSD recovery and Fixing Applications available on the web. See if any of these can fix up the copy of the corrupt file.  You may be able to recover some of your work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any type of recommendations on what is safe, and what works. It seems like it might be a bit of a mine field to start downloading random tools online...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines