• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Photoshop CC 2018

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: There is no option to Uninstall Adobe products in the Adobe CC tool.

I want to uninstall Ps CC 2018, Lr Classic CC (2018) and Adobe CC. I have read the instructions at

Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps

however, there is no "Uninstall" option listed as described in step #3. (The only options listed are "Learn More", "View Tutorials" and "Other Versions".)

I do not want to damage the PC the adobe products are currently installed on.

Photoshop CC 2018 has not been working for me for awhile (separately reported - I gave up and started using DxO + NIK). I'd like to move the licenses for these products onto an old backup PC by performing the graceful uninstall using Adobe Creative Cloud (or some other way that Adobe likes), but I do not see a way to do it.

I am logged in as an Administrator on Win 10 Home (64-bit) and on Adobe.com.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there some other way to uninstall the Adobe products?

Thanks,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Solution

1. Click  "Update All"

2. Click the arrow and select "Uninstall" option for each product

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution

1. Click  "Update All"

2. Click the arrow and select "Uninstall" option for each product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem except with Bridge. There is no option to Uninstall. I tried using the Uninstall in the Adobe Bridge folder but it's an alias & is telling me to fix or delete it - I can't fix it because I can't finds the actual uninstall for bridge! I can't update all because I don't have any programs to update except bridge, and that is just telling me 'installation failed'. I click 'learn more' but it doesn't help me, it just tells me about the error code, which is no use. There must be a way of unistalling Bridge without the uninstall app? Help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the fool-proof, if longer, solution: a clean install.

Adobe left remnants of older versions and products around after uninstalls. That turned out to be a problem later on for me. The fool-proof answer is a clean install or system rebuild. This way, the older SW never gets installed in the first place. It's a long day, but worth it in my case.

My Check-list

1. Inventory software
    What do you need to reinstall?
  2. Verify install kit availability? Download or URL
    Where are the install kits? Remember drivers for odd/old devices.
  3. Recover and verify SW keys and registration codes
    How will you unlock the SW?
  4. Backup or image the C: drive – documents, files, settings, preferences, etc.
    How will you recreate your information, environment?
  5. Unregister – then uninstall applications: “recover” right to use application on computer
    How will you deal with “right to install on 2 computers” licenses?
  6. Build an OS install kit
  7. Format & Partition Disk
    Suggest a new drive; use old C drive for backup in step 4.
  8. Reinstall OS
  9. Reinstall and unlock applications
  10. Recover your files, documents, settings, etc.
  11. Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to update photoshop to uninstall it.

and here's my problem.

I need extra space in my hardrive, so I'm trying to uninstall photoshop, but I can't uninstall it without the update. Bu I can't update it, because I don't have enough space in my drive!  it's like chicken and egg problem. I'm uninstalling other programs to make space in order to update and uninstall photoshop. 

indeed adobe, this has been a really inspiring journey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. i did get my required app for uninstall in the list so how i uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

annonshp. Thank you, I've tried that every time I have problems, but sadly to no bugs fixed 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines