• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How create file inormation (copyright) template in Photoshop CC 2018 19.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a photographer I need to put copyright information on every picture I make. But, since the latest up-date of Photoshop all my templates disappeared or cannot be used anymore. This force me to write the same copyright information, name, address etc. etc., on every picture over and over again, instead, as earlier, to use a template with the copyright information. Extremely tiresome! Can anyone give a tutorial on how to make those templates in the new version of Photoshop, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rolfhojer  wrote

But, since the latest up-date of Photoshop all my templates disappeared or cannot be used anymore.

Where were they before the update.  Are you stating that a Photoshop update deleted some of your files from your disk?  Have you search your disk for your template files?   You may just need to add your template file location to your new version of Photoshop and Bridge CC 2018.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The templates are where they should be, but they have been rendered useless. I can not see the meaning in why Adobe had to change how the information in my templates was read, just because of an update of Photoshop. It has taken me 3 hrs. to seek, change and make the templates useful again. Too much useless information to go through before you can proceed – you actually need to set the information you want to use in your templates under the metadata settings in Bridge, again, ticking, and unticking, a lot of boxes. But I can still not set the date of the photo to be read as before, ie. the date the picture was taken. But thanks for the help. Sometime in the future I will hopefully find out how to. As for now, I will set the date manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to automate adding date information into your Copyright notice you maybe be able to find a Photoshop Script on the web that you can download to do that.  A script can retrieve date information from you system and image exif data and add some date information to your image's Copyright notice metadata.

You should also be able to export and import templates from Photoshop CC 2018 File Info panel...

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why your older templates aren't able to load. Are you looking in the correct folder? I just tested this and my old ones load just fine. They default to the XMP\Metadata Template folder, but you can override that and save them anywhere.

If they have been removed from your drive, instead of typing in the data photo by photo, type it in once and export it as a new template, and load that into the other files.

Finally, are you aware that you can load a metadata template into all the files (or selected files) in a folder in Bridge (and not load the template photo by photo.) This is a much more efficient workflow.

Here is the step-by-step for Bridge:

Learn about Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) standard and working with metadata in Adobe Bridge

And a video tutorial:

Photoshop CC tutorial: Adding basic metadata with metadata templates | lynda.com - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines