• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to spread audio over multiple slides

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - thanks in advance for reading. I am using Captivate 2017.

I have a file in which every slide is set to 3 seconds as standard. I want to add prerecorded audio over a number of slides and then adjust the timing to match the audio. I'm clearly doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I go to Slide 4 which has a duration of 3 seconds and a mouse object of 1 second (starting at 2 seconds).

I go to Audio, Import to... Slide and then choose my audio file which is 51 seconds.

I select Distribute the audio file over several slides.

The Slides Audio box appears and I can see the wav file. I turn on Preview.

When I scroll to the right I can see my markers for my other slides. Slide 5 starts after the audio file finishes. I cannot Move Slide 5 marker to the left because it says I have reached the minimum display time for Slide 4.

But Slide 4 originally had a duration of 3 seconds until I added the audio. So I'm at a loss as to how I move the markers to make the audio play over the slides I want.

I hope the above is enough info but please let me know if you need any further info. Thank  you.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I'm an idiot and it seems I just need to select the slides I want to add the audio to (rather than just having one slide selected in the filmstript).

If I save and then make further changes to my project but want to go back to the screen where I could edit where the audio markers were - how do I do that please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources