• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects won't open after upgrading to OS High Sierre

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Mac operating system to High Sierre. After the update, After Effects won't work. It simply bounce up and down like the application is loading but nothing happens. Then "Application Not Responding". I have tried to restart the computer and reinstall After Effects but nothing works.

After Effects is my main tool for work so I am pretty much stranded here with all my projects on hold because of this.

Any others having the same problem or maybe know the solution so I can get back to work?

I have the newest version of After Effects, don't know the version numbers because I cant open the application to find out.

HighSierre 10.13.1

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CC 2018 works fine on HighSierre 10.13.1.

Please try resetting the  preferences of After Effects CC 2018 as follow -

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
  • Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

To restore default keyboard shortcuts, Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the OK button. MacOS

1. Go to your desktop and click GO on the menu bar.
  2. Select Go to Folder from the drop-down and type the following path: /library/application support/adobe/.
  3. Open Documents folder and select the folder named Adobe.
  4. Rename the After Effects folder as ’OldAfterEffects’.

Windows

1. Access the path C:\Users\”username” \AppData\Roaming\Adobe. OR
  2. In the Run command (Win key+R) dialog, type %appdata%
  3. Open the folder named Adobe.
  4. In the folder, select the After Effects folder and rename it as ’OldAfterEffects’. OR
  5. Access the path C:\Users\”username”\Documents\Adobe and rename the After Effects folder as ’OldAfterEffects’.
Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi birkirá,

Are you back on track yet? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am back on track yes. After trying to figure out what the problem was for about 2 days I tried to open it again. After the application had been loading for about 5 minutes without me touching anything, it finally opened. However, this version is full of bugs. I have send bug reports to Adobe. Hope to see update anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to hear it. Seems to be functioning fine for me, but I have not updated to High Sierra yet on my personal system. Hope I can get the OK soon so I can do some better testing. Appreciate the bug reports. The team has systems they can run tests on with High Sierra.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines