• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Lightroom CC question

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I take a DNG photo using the Lightroom CC app on my iphone can I then send it to Lightroom CC Classic edit it and then export a JPG from Classic to Lightroom CC?

I would like to upload JPGs to Lightroom CC to have as many JPGs as possible in the Cloud so I don't waste so much space with all DNG Files.

If I can export a JPG from Lightroom Classic can I set a compression rate like say 50 percent so it's a smaller file size to save space in the cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Classic's a hoarder, so if it's in Classic, it'll stay in Classic. You'd remove it from the All Synced Photos collection, which would remove it from the cloud and all CC apps, but not from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. Classic doesn't upload originals, whether you convert to JPEG or now. What you could do is shoot the DNG file, let it download to Classic, remove it from sync (to remove the original from the cloud) and then add it back to sync from Classic, so it just uploads a smart preview (which is a 2560px compressed version, so would be smaller than a JPEG anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you remove it from sync to the cloud? If I do so will it remove it from my computer where I assigned the files to go to?

Bryce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Classic's a hoarder, so if it's in Classic, it'll stay in Classic. You'd remove it from the All Synced Photos collection, which would remove it from the cloud and all CC apps, but not from Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines