2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 8:38 AM by sigshane

[right click] Convert to PDF question - Acrobat XI Professional

sigshane

Can I [right click] Convert to PDF, and have the resulting PDF go to the source file folder? Currently anything I convert saves to my Documents folder, and I would prefer to save it with the original file.

• 1. Re: [right click] Convert to PDF question - Acrobat XI Professional
          Akki_24 Adobe Employee

Hi Sigshane,

If i understand correctly, you selected a file (for eg. word doc) then right clicked on that> Convert to Adobe PDF> and then get another pop up window to save the file shown in the picture below-

You can change the document location from the menu you see at the left bar.

Hope this is what you were referring to?

Regards,

Akanchha

• 2. Re: [right click] Convert to PDF question - Acrobat XI Professional
            sigshane Level 1

You know what? I was mistaken on what I was talking about. It is printing to Adobe PDF. I would rather it prompt me for filename and location instead of auto-saving the current name and My Documents as the location.

Thanks so much for your assistance, I will do a little digging now that I have my wits about me!

Shane

Edit: and now I have found that setting too. I had to go into the properties panel for the Adobe PDF "printer" and set it to "prompt for a PDF filename".