0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 7:50 AM by simonphotoshop

Batch processing CS6 crashing computer after 300+ images

simonphotoshop

Hello.

Im using CS 6 Photoshop. Im on Mac OS 10.3 High Sierra. Apple MacPro 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5. Lots of space available etc.

I frequently use the batch process tool to create jpegs from tiffs and create borders around images etc. Very simple and straight forward actions. I have used these actions for years on CS6 with no problem;ems..recently (not after upgrading my OS, but before and after) my computer comes grinding to a halt after about 303 images. No matter what the action is it comes to a halt and crashes the computer. Strangely, this is happening on my MacBookPro too (10.12.3 Sierra). Both computers have suffered this in the last 6 months or so. We have uninstalled Photoshop on both computer and reinstalled and written new actions but to no avail.

I am a photographer who uploads initial low res jpeg edits (often around 1500 images) to clients. I have to separate quantities and do several batch processes at a time. It might not seem such a big deal but it really is.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks