• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reactivation error unresolved by new serial number from Adobe

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS3 that I've run at home for years. At the beginning of this year I needed to move my work from home to another location. Upon setting up the CS3 on my new computer, I started getting the "You must reactivate to use this product" message. It counted down for a few days but then went away. Then inexplicably, about a week ago, the reactivation came back and within a few days my CS3 no longer works. Strangely, my CS3 at home still works fine (so far).

Long story short, I was instructed to request a new serial number and got one from Adobe, but upon uninstalling and reinstalling CS3, I was not prompted to put in the new serial number. I was then instructed to delete the cache file on my computer and did so. I was then finally prompted to put in the new serial number. I did this and the "You must reactivate to use this product" message came back as if I had done nothing.

This is an especially frustrating experience. Adobe got my money long ago, but this bug has reached out and rendered my CS3 useless. Nothing on the forums seems to be working.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the various links inside Installation Document Type will help

-includes links to help with activation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony thanks for posting this publically .  Please try the suggestions offered at the link offered by John in message #1 of this discussion.  If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried pretty much everything in the variety of forums related to this topic.

I Uninstall everything CS3, delete the cache file and then reinstall using the new serial number. But here is where my experience is differing from those who are having success. They're getting an option as to whether or not to register.

I'm not getting any registration option. It goes straight to the re-activation notification.

And as I've said before, CS3 works just fine on my home computer, also an updated Windows 10 computer.

I was told by John that I simply need to spend $650 for CS6. Not an option.

There are too many people on here who seem to be figuring this out and I'm still holding out hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, I would recommend as your next step you remove any installed Adobe software on the computer.  I know you have gone through this step before but you must complete it successfully if you ever want to have a chance to reinstall Creative Suite 3 successfully.

Once you have uninstalled anything with the name Adobe on your computer you can then download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems .  The CC Cleaner Tool is only designed to work after you have run the uninstallers.  Please make sure you use the uninstallers to remove any installed Adobe software first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed everything, including the cache file and run the cleaner tool. I've done this multiple times and have used the original and new serial numbers on separate occasions. No matter what I do, I get the "temporary activation expired" window. There is nothing that leads me to believe that there is a compatibility issue with Windows 10, especially with CS3 working just fine at home. CS3 has bricked itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry Tony but you will continue to receive the error until the cache.db file is successfully removed.  Can you please post a screenshot of the folder you are browsing to delete the cache.db file?  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone Tony, I'm having the same issue.  It's very frustrating!  Only difference is that in my case there is no cache.db file.  I've put so many hours trying to figure this out with zero success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leighsfca can you please post a screenshot of the location which you are browsing to remove the cache.db file?  Details on how to post a screenshot can be found in post #6 of the public forum discussion you responded too.

For your reference, you can find details on how to remove the cache.db file at Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leighsfca thank you for the update.  It appears you are browsing to the Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Photoshop CS3 folder.  The cache.db file is located in \Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\ folder.  Please make sure to go to the location discussed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 to locate and remove the cache.db file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion.

Leighsfca please provide any additional responses to Re: Reactivation error unresolved after receiving new serial number from Adobe .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines