Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1. I have received my product photography pics in jpg format with dimensions 3000px X 4500px and rgb and PNG with dimensions 3000px X 4500px (PNG has the background removed)
2. I am trying to downsize the pixel dimensions to 500px by 500px using the bicubic sharper, the image becomes blurry especially the product label covering the image.
3. Is there any other way to keep the clarity?
4. Should I have received the image in different dimensions from the photographer?
5. I am comparing the downsized images to other websites product pics, will I achieve their professional look only if I get a very expensive photographer with an expensive camera to retake the images ?
6. Should I try and merge the photo part with a vector of the label in AI, this seems to be very diificult as the label looks fake on the image
Please let me know if you need any more info. Any help will do as I have googled and tried a bunch of things.
This has nothing to do with the images or who created them. It's simple math. By downsizing you are throwing away over 90% of your original image information and inevitably things like small prints will become a mush of pixels. This can't be avoided in any way and of course compression on top like with JPEG images will add another level of ugly. You can try to improve the result by using multiple resizing steps and adding tweaks inbetween like sharpening after the first resize before scaling down further, but that's about it. A 500x500 px image by todays standards simply is extremely small and will never be able to show many details.
Thank you very much for your response!!