Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS6 Gone

Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my computer - all new parts, but I made sure to keep all of my files from my previous hard drive.  The problem is that I don't have the installation file for PS6 and since I can't find it anywhere, I no longer have access to it.  I received it back when Adobe was giving it away because they would no longer be supporting it.  Is there any way I can get my hands on it again?  I have commissions I was working on and I'm honestly heartbroken at the thought that all of my work is just gone.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Are we speaking of Photoshop 6.0 (2000) or Photoshop CS6 (2012)? Either one was never given away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we speaking of Photoshop 6.0 (2000) or Photoshop CS6 (2012)? Either one was never given away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2.  I'm sorry.  It's been a long night.  >_<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lady_Dax  wrote

CS2.  I'm sorry.  It's been a long night.  >_<

Photoshop CS2 was never given away either. Because Adobe shut down the CS2 licensing servers, CS and CS2 owners can download CS2 here by following these instructions (How to Install, second step):

"Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I dunno.  My memory is terrible.  This was about four years ago and true to form, I still have the page bookmarked where I got it from.  It redirects now, so I'll have a look over the link you posted, but I'm just completely lost.

15rxe6q.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the old CS2 download page, which was pulled down. I posted an updated link that explains where and how to download CS2.

However, unless you purchased and own a legal CS or CS2 license at some point in the past, you are officially not allowed to download and use CS2 products. Four years ago the net exploded with claims that Adobe had released CS2 free to the public, but this wasn't the case - only CS and CS2 owners are legally eligible to download these "free" versions.

If you never purchased a legal copy of CS or CS2 then you've been using Photoshop CS2 these past four years without a proper license. Of course, this is all official talk. It seems many people download CS2 products from the above link, even though they never owned a license. I suppose Adobe trusts folk's moral compass here, and will not prosecute these users - but it doesn't make it legal.

Anyway, the bottom line is that CS2 was NEVER released for "free".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now I kind of feel bad.  I had been told that they were releasing it for free to users because it was old content that was no longer being supported.  I suppose it was naïve of me to think that would be the case.  I think because I downloaded it from Adobe's actual website, I figured it checked out.

I guess I better look into other options, then.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, I am a retired gent (69) and have just started to dabble in Photo Shop. Can't afford & don't want to go on Cloud based Stuff.

I recently bought a copy of CS6 via ebay/England down loaded and it works fine except I can't get Mini Bridge to open pictures. I Have the panel but no pictures will load up. Normal Bridge opens my files even D56000 .NEF files with some tweaking. I have searched all the forums and am now going crazy as I can't find a solution. I found the Mini Bridge folder in Programs (.86) / Adobe / Common files / Adobe / CS6 Service Manager / Extensions / Mini Bridge.

Can any one help get these files to the right place so the Mini Bridge will work in Photo Shop CS6 version 13.0.1?

I found & went in to the Folder and clicked and opened the PL_MinibridgePanel_N.DNG file and presto my pictures appeared, so I don't know what to do to fix it.

I had a minor issue with Camera Raw a few weeks ago, but have since sorted it out and I can open .NEF files in Camera Raw 9.1.1 now I would like to concentrate and learn how to use Bridge & Mini Bridge before I start on Photo Shop Proper.

Please kelp an old guy out, I don't have much time left!!! 

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps. Carefully read and follow instructions for the Windows OS.

Error: Waiting for Bridge | Mini Bridge panel

If no luck I suggest a clean uninstall/reinstall of Photoshop and Bridge.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene, Will this work as I am running Window 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can be installed and run in Windows 10, and the procedure should work. If not, Minibridge  is not too important. You can use Bridge which is more capable.

I'm using a Macbook myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the OS instruction to difficult, will try an Uninstall & Reinstall.

Not sure how to mark as helpful or completed

Sorry Gene as I said earlier I'm technically challenged when it comes to computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene, Had no luck. uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, still can't get Mini bridge to open pictures although the mini bridge panel is there together with the time line  panel. extremely disappointed with Adobes attitude to customers.

Have no Idea how to give you a better revue for the points  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few ways to open your files in Photoshop if you can't get Minibridge to work.

Double-click your files and Photoshop and Camera Raw will open for you.

Ctrl-O and File > Open will bring up a dialog box with the thumbnails for the images in your folder when you are using Photoshop.

File > Browse in Bridge while in Photoshop will bring up Bridge CS6.

So basically while minibridge is nice, it isn't the only way and it will not stop you from learn Photoshop. In fact it has been long discontinued.

We are volunteer help, but on all fairness to Adobe, they stopped selling CS6 this year and it is 6 versions old. They are very busy with CC.

Good luck on your learning journey and while there are some things we cannot touch, we can always help with other questions.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gene,

Thanks ever so much for your patients and help. I have managed to solve & Miini Bridge has now appeared in my CS6 Great work.

I don't know how to thank you on these forums so you can get the credits.

Once again many thanks.

Regards,

KevinM 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's good to hear you got Mini Bridge going. Thanks for reporting back and letting us know.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Windows 10's latest update(s) broke MiniBridge (which is based on Flash - other similar extensions may be affected too).

Someone came up with a solution. Here is a step-by-step:

https://blog.igment.com/2017/11/01/photoshop-mini-bridge-empty-panel-bug/

(original thread referring to this solution : Photoshop CS6 Extended Mini Bridge Not Working )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rayek,

Thanks ever so much for your answer  & help. I have managed to solve & Miini Bridge has now appeared in my CS6 Great work.

I don't know how to thank you on these forums so you can get the credits.

Once again many thanks.

Regards,

KevinM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines