2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2008 11:07 PM by SujaiS

there's something really wrong with linked files

SAYEG
      I have two days trying to solve this problem, but i can't. The demo movie has 6 linked images, 1 flash not linked and 1 flash linked. If i plublish this with director 10.1.1, everything is ok. But when i publish this in director 11, the linked files don't show. If i play the movie inside the dswmedia folder, works fine, but when i try it on a browser, don't work. Anybody can tell me what's wrong?

sayeg
        • 1. Re: there's something really wrong with linked files
          SAYEG Level 1
          ok, this is what i found. when i publish to web in director 11, and have linked files, in the files tab, most to be checked "copy linked and dependent files", and director 11 creates a folder dswMedia, where put a copy of the linked files, and this is the path where take this files.
          Is not the same with director 10, at least, not for me.
          sayeg
          • 2. Re: there's something really wrong with linked files
            SujaiS Adobe Employee
            Hi Sayeg,

The Publish Settings have been enhanced in Director 11 for the Linked files publishing.
            If there are Linked files/casts in your movie then the "dswmedia" and "Linked files" folder are created automatically and the .dcr files will have internal links to these paths, relative to the main folder. This folder hierarchy should be maintained, else it will not work.

-Sujai