• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC2018 new entry point error

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks.  I recently upgraded to a new computer and to PS CC2018.  Photoshop seems to run properly, but upon startup I get an error message that states: "The procedure entry point PIZGetIndString could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2018\Plug-ins\Filters\Variations.8BF".  Has anyone else experienced this particular error and, if so, what is the procedure to correct it?  The variations filter is in the folder, since that is the first thing I checked.  I also rarely use that feature of Photoshop.  So, the other question I have, is it easy to uninstall and reinstall Photoshop to see if this problem gets corrected without having to reinstall all of my other plugins (e.g., Nik, Topaz, Filter Forge, etc.)?  If I decide to do nothing and just keep closing the error box upon startup is it possible this will go away with the next update?  I've never had this issue in CC2015 and CC2017.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was an Adobe Variations Plug-in in old Adobe Photoshop versions but Adobe removed that form Plug-in Photoshop.  The folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC2018\Plug-ins\ is where third party plug-ins are installed normally.  You should contact the developer of your variation plug-in to see if they have a version for Photoshop  CC 2018.

If you need variation you can install CS6 fron the creative Cloud desktop Application.  Adobe's Variations is in CS6...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines