3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2017 12:31 AM by HippyTesla

Which Effect Is This?

HippyTesla

Hello,

I am trying to create an opening logo animation. I'd like to create the effect used in this video's opening logo. The problem is - I don't know which program was used to create the effect, and which effect (or combination of effects) that is, at all.

I have limited time access to my friend's laptop with Adobe Premiere and After Effects CS6. I've gone through a bunch of AE effects and animation presets and I can't seem to find the right one. Not even something that I'd recognize as a component of the effect used in the linked video.

Can anyone more experienced with video editing recognize this effect/combination of effects/animation preset? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Mateja

• 1. Re: Which Effect Is This?
          HippyTesla Level 1

I'm not up for replying to my own posts, but I can't think of a better way to bump this up a bit and maybe get an answer.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Which Effect Is This?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.10.10 PM.png

I'm assuming that you are talking about the distortion and vertical break up of the characters. One option is Card Dance. Probably a separate layer for every letter, and some distortion maps. It would take a bit of fiddling around but that's where I would start. 50% gray does not move the rows or columns so something like this would get you started. All modified properties of card dance are revealed. It will take a bit of time to wrap your head around how it works, but I think I could pretty well duplicate this logo transition using a separate text layer for each letter.

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.24.21 PM.png

You can turn off the gradient layer and it will still work.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Which Effect Is This?
              HippyTesla Level 1

Thank you so much, Rick! I'll try it out as soon as I get to that laptop again