Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 indexing issues

Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into indexing issues with acrobat 8 and I do not know where to find logs related to the indexing process. I have a large index of PDFs and the index is not working properly. We run index.pdx /build and generally it rebuilds the index properly. This past week it is running through the indexing process (approx 5 hours) and instead of being successful, it just says indexing unsuccessful. Where would I find logs to troubleshoot this further?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Hello mikes16050460

As per the description above, indexing is not working in Acrobat 8, Is that correct?

You may refer and try the steps and suggestions from the following KB docs which discuss similar issue Help with Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 Indexing and Cataloging

Creating PDF indexes, Adobe Acrobat

Note: Acrobat 8 is declared as an End of Life product and End of Support, and the suggested steps/suggestions/workflow may or may not work and the support is limited, for more information refer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello mikes16050460

As per the description above, indexing is not working in Acrobat 8, Is that correct?

You may refer and try the steps and suggestions from the following KB docs which discuss similar issue Help with Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 Indexing and Cataloging

Creating PDF indexes, Adobe Acrobat

Note: Acrobat 8 is declared as an End of Life product and End of Support, and the suggested steps/suggestions/workflow may or may not work and the support is limited, for more information refer to End of support | Reader 9 and Acrobat 9 (and earlier)

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines