3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2008 5:25 PM by afriendofcheese

How to display large versions of thumbs in a scrolling gallery?

afriendofcheese
      Figured out my original question (different thread title)! Since I can't delete my post I might as well ask if anyone knows of a good tutorial for making a scrolling gallery display enlarged versions of the thumbs.
        • 1. Re: How to display large versions of thumbs in a scrolling gallery?
          jon gibbons
          make a movie clip, Arrange all your thumbs either horiz or vert. name it and export it to action script.

insert a ScrollPane from your components window and size it to your stage and the width of your thumbs movie clip. in the ScrollPane's Paramiters window, top of the shop, content path, write in the action script file name of your thumbs. test movie: your thumbs should be displayed with an automatic scroll on the longest side.

if ok, then you need to make each of your thumbs buttons. you can then set them up to load JPG in the behavour window, use a loader or timeline controll, up to you.

i hope this helps
          • 2. How to display large versions of thumbs in a scrolling gallery?
            afriendofcheese Level 1
            Thanks Jon! Got it all together..almost (of course!)

Everything works perfect when I run the SWF file from Windows. My gallery scrolls and when I click on the thumbs (buttons) a larger version shows up in the space I placed the loader just as I want. Great!

However....when I insert the file into a webpage (using DW Insert>Media>Flash) and then preview it in a browser, the thumbnail scroller loads and works fine, BUT when I click on the thumbs (the cursor does change to a hand and the over state appears) the external Jpegs don't load! I've copied and pasted the images in multiple locations to make sure that's not the issue.
            Any ideas??
            • 3. Re: How to display large versions of thumbs in a scrolling gallery?
              afriendofcheese Level 1
              Ok got it! The browser wants to load the images from the original root directory..not the directory my SWF file is in.