Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logitech Brio webcam 'Driver error'

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preconditions:

- Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 installed with all updates installed. Version 16.0 (20170902.daily.l297587)

- Install Logitech Brio webcam (USB) with current drivers and Logitech Camera control app installed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch APE 2018 and create a new project.

2. Click Add Media and select Webcam.

3. Select webcam from source and wait for live preview to display in capture window.

4. Click Capture button to start recording.

Result:

- APE 2018 displays a Recording Error popup with the message, 'Driver Error'.

I'm not sure if anyone at Adobe is monitoring these forums or not, but posting this here in case anyone has solved this problem or has some insight into the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just completed a remote support session with Adobe Support. The conclusion from Adobe Support is that this issue might not be fixed by Adobe. And since I bought it at a retailer, I've basically wasted $60.

----------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2017-12-05 04:16:18 SGT

To: Everyone

Is there any other option? Applying a hotfix?

Date: 2017-12-05 04:18:30 SGT

To: Everyone

As of now , There is no hotfix available . Neither we are sure to get a solution for this as it looks like the Webcam driver is not compatibel with the program.

Keep in mind, the webcams listed on the "supported" list are no longer for sale. And the Logitech webcam was released a little over 1 year ago. So I believe Adobe has no intention on fixing their Webcam Recording feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just bought Premiere Elements 2019 and tried to record and received the same error.

I bought mine from the Adobe Store.

Will try to call for support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines