7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2017 7:16 PM by Jao vdL

Lightroom CC Exporting Issues

chey.varner

I'm extremely upset and frustrated with how user-UNfriendly Lightroom CC exporting seems to be.

(1) When I enter an album I'm not able to "select all" for some reason, and there doesn't seem to be an option where I right-click the album and can simply hit "export." I have to select photos to export.

(2) Exporting does not keep my photos in the order that they were in in my album.

(3) Inexplicably duplicates are being exported that I now have to go through and delete one by one.

And Adobe doesn't offer 24/7 support? Even by chat? Okay...

If this really how it works, I don't want this program, and I'm certainly not going to continue paying for it.

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since there doesn't seem to be a function that is explicitly "Export" in the NEW Lightroom CC, are you really talking about Lightroom CC (the NEW cloud-based version), or are you talking about the former Lightroom CC? Please clarify.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues
            Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1. in an album you should be able to do command (or ctrl on windows)-A to select all as long as you are in one of the grid views (photo grid or square grid)

2. what do you mean by order? The folder of images you get is simply sorted the way the finder or explorer sorts. Lightroom has no control over that. Also contrary to the much more full-featured Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC has no way of renaming the files when you "save to", so you just get the filenames that your camera originally applied and you can't change that. The ordering in the album has no effect on that whatsoever.

3. Haven't seen that

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues
              chey.varner Level 1

I'm talking about Lightroom CC not Lightroom Classic CC.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues
                chey.varner Level 1

(1) So after toggling between the view options, I was able to select all in the grid. It still won't let me select all in the one-by-one view.

(2) I guess I need Lightroom Classic then...

(3) Still not sure why this was happening, but I waited a few hours and tried again and then it wasn't.

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues

1) yeah indeed you can't select all in the one-by-one view. This is different from Classic where you can click in the film strip and select all.

2) Lightroom CC will undoubtedly gain features such as this over the years but it might take a while. Adobe looks for feedback on what to add first at feedback.photoshop.com . It is possible to use a mix of CC and Classic if you are careful.

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues
                    chey.varner Level 1

(1) *Side eyeing Adobe* That's a mess. And thank you for explaining that. Appreciate it.

(2) Frustrating since I'd have to pay $20 a month to get Lightroom Classic CC and it would come with Photoshop, which I already have as CS6. I'm sure it's much more profitable for Adobe to have these monthly plans but I wish they were more flexible. I'll just have to make due with CC because I'm not spending $20 a month for access to one program. If I had Classic CC, I'd probably never use just CC again, and I'd probably use Photoshop CC but I wouldn't need it at all.

Thank you for explaining that as well. I'll be leaving feedback.

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC Exporting Issues

If you call Adobe they will probably side grade you to the standard photography subscription which comes with Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC and Photoshop for 9.99/month. But you only get 20GB of online storage. You don't need to go to 19.99 for the package with 1TB as you don't need any online storage for Classic or Photoshop.