• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt catalog...and xmp files

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on my photos tonight and Lightroom suddenly crashed and when I tried to log back in, it said my catalog crashed.

I had saved it a few minutes prior so I thought I wouldn't have an issue with backing up. Unfortunately the backup didn't work, and neither did the one prior to that. Luckily the one prior to that works, but I've lost a lot of work.

I managed to run a program that gets rid of error files (or somehing along those lines) and it actually restored my catalog but my photos had no edits (the catalog itself was up to date because folder names and  things had been updated).

I imagine this is because I was using xmp files. I tried reading from them but nothing changed. Is there anything else I can do?

I'd obviously prefer not to lose my work.

Thank tou.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kautuksahni​ This doesnt look like AEM issue. could you please check and move it if required?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information!! Moved this to Lightroom!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines