3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2008 2:01 PM by Ned Murphy

Published Movie Different...

BearMan21
      Hey everyone. I am having a little trouble with this: When I play my flash movie in flash it looks just like I want it to but when I publish it to my desktop as a .swf and play it, it does not look the way it did in flash. What the heck is going on? I'm pretty new to this so I have no idea! Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: Published Movie Different...
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Can you describe what it is different between viewing it in Flash and the desktop?

Could you also list some of the Publish Settings you are using (player version, actionscript version, etc.)?

Have you also tried viewing it as an html page?
          • 2. Re: Published Movie Different...
            BearMan21 Level 1
            Well, it's a very simple movie with text that fades in and it works in flash but, the .swf file on the desktop has the text just appearing and not fading in. The Publish Settings are: Version - Flash 8, ActionScript Version - ActionScript 2.0, Options: Compress Movie and that's pretty much it. I have tried viewing it as an html page but it's just the same thing.
            • 3. Re: Published Movie Different...
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              My first inclination is that you're using a dynamic textfield which can behave in ways we don't expect them to.

If push comes to shove there's almost always a way around most problems with Flash.

If you can make the source file available, I can take a look at it and maybe figure out a solution.