9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2017 10:45 PM by SS6675

Saving Error

SS6675

This has started happening suddenly and with no change to any settings or root files.

When I go to > Save for Web and I scroll over anything that offers an information support box (the little yellow boxes) then this message comes up immediately and then doesn't disappear - making saving for the web impossible. I've tried redownloading and installing Adobe Photoshop CS6 (as this is - from the CS6 Master Collection) and still now joy. Any ideas of what I can do or even what the problem is?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 06.57.10.png

• 1. Re: Saving Error
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences and photoshop tools on your mac..

• 2. Re: Saving Error
            SS6675 Level 1

Thank you so much for your suggestion JJMack. Have just reset all tools, deleted all warning dialogs in the preferences and then deleted the setting files on loading PS and sadly that hasn't changed the annoying boxes!! Any other ideas?

• 3. Re: Saving Error
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

When this problem started what changed  around that time you started having this problem?  Something must have changed. to consistently work a different way.  Its not a random occurrence thing.

• 4. Re: Saving Error
                SS6675 Level 1

Yes I've been racking my brains trying to think. I run a website and only use PS to reduce file sizes. So I went through my normal routine. The only think I can think of is that before it started I did do about 5-6 images rather than the normal 2-3 but I didn't change any settings, change any tools around, adjust new settings or preferences that I normally don't mettle with or anything else. I do see, and agree, with what you're saying but sadly cannot think of anything that I have done - something that is continually frustrating me!

• 5. Re: Saving Error
                  SS6675 Level 1

Have just tried a full uninstall of Photoshop, redownloaded the CS6 file and fully reloaded it and it's still happening!!! How frustrating!

• 6. Re: Saving Error
                    Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Yes you can turn off the Tool Tips in Photoshop>Preferences>Interface, uncheck Show Tool Tips and then restart photoshop.

Must be a bug or glitch in macOS High Sierra.

tt.png

• 7. Re: Saving Error
                      SS6675 Level 1

Solved. Thank you so much. Sadly doesn't solve the overall problem but I agree - may be a problem with OS HS. Never mind. I don't really need the tool tips often anyway so this does solve it for me.

Thanks for the help guys!

• 8. Re: Saving Error
                        Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

See if applying the macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra update solves the Tool Tip issue.

It seems to have on this macbook pro.

• 9. Re: Saving Error
                          SS6675 Level 1

Great idea.

Sadly not but I think I'll look to see if future updates sort it out.

Thanks!

S.