Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Graphic Styles and Text

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm working on a fixed-width Muse site where I'd like to apply a graphic style to a text with the intention of using the graphic style name in a widget. Unfortunately, I'm unable to create a graphic style that actually links to the text. The style details come up with very generic style settings (see below). I can affect/apply graphic styles images just fine, but applying text seems to not work.

I've even attempted to create a fresh, new project where some generic text is the only object on the page with the purpose of testing the graphic style feature. Once again, it creates a style but its settings are very generic (and inaccurate).

"border color: R=0 G=0 B=0 + border weight: 0 + background color: [None]"

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Okay, so I'm not sure what I'm doing differently. There might be an order of operations that I stumbled upon. In attempting to create a very simple project for you to review, I applied the style and widget... gave it a test... and it seems to be working.

When I tried to do this on the main project, it behaved as it had. It was only after I deleted the text I had and started over that it seems to be behaving correctly. I can still provide a file to you if you like. I'd hate to waste any more of y

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text itself can’t have a graphic style, but character styles or paragraph styles. Only text frames can have graphic styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the reply!

I considered that. However, this is the product I'm using. The creator is using a graphic style to affect the text for use by the widget. Unless, I'm seeing something that isn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is quite simple:

• Format your text just as you like it. This has nothing to do with the style of the text box.
  • Then select the text box (not the text itself) by using the arrow tool.
  • Create a new graphic style by clicking onto the corresponding icon at the bottom of the graphic styles panel.
  • Assign this style to the text frame by clicking onto the graphic style entry in the panel. The attributes of the style (colour, stroke corners) are completely unimportant. The widget only needs the name of the style, to identify the element.
  • Enter the style‘s name into the widget‘s graphic style field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again!

I'm pleased to know that I'm doing this correctly. The style is getting assigned to the text layer (as I can see that the layer highlights when I click on the various graphic styles I currently have). Unfortunately, the widget is having difficulty recognizing the text as a layer worthy of animation. (I will also mention that the style name I'm picking is rather simple with lowercase characters and no funky symbols. Just in case there was curiosity there.)

I've sent an email to the creator of the widget to hopefully get some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share a .muse file containing only one text frame and this widget with us? Then we can have a closer look. You may upload this .muse file to Dropbox, Creative Cloud or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I'm not sure what I'm doing differently. There might be an order of operations that I stumbled upon. In attempting to create a very simple project for you to review, I applied the style and widget... gave it a test... and it seems to be working.

When I tried to do this on the main project, it behaved as it had. It was only after I deleted the text I had and started over that it seems to be behaving correctly. I can still provide a file to you if you like. I'd hate to waste any more of your time at this point.

Thank you so much for taking the time to deal with this little headache. I truly appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will also mention, after gaining further success, I found that the font style I was choosing was (oddly enough) affecting the ability to utilize the widget. I'm certainly not educated enough to figure that logic out, but I just thought I'd include that in this mess. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've got the same problem as remyzero111​ mentioned. Does anybody know how can I enable widgets to other fonts I have? The font type actually doesn't matter in this case, cause widgets for example works with Helvetica.ttc smoothly but not with Avenir.ttc
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a completely different issue.

Please start a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines