3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 3:30 PM by Matsquare

Photoshop CC2017 keeps crashing

Matsquare

Photoshop keeps crashing after I use camera raw to process my raw files.  I am not sure what to do.  I would really like to get phone support from Adobe, but that appears to be impossible.  Please recommend what steps to take to fix this problem.  I am using Window 7.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC2017 keeps crashing
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Without more detailed system info, info about the files you work with, where they are stored and ideally some crash info nobody can tell you much. You could simply be running out of memory or have issues with your hardware acceleration functions, in which case of course it would be logical to turn it off and/or update your graphics driver.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC2017 keeps crashing
            Matsquare Level 1

Thanks for your response.  My system is PC with Windows 7.  I am processing raw files and camera raw software.  It is when I go from camera raw to Photoshop that the software crashes.  This problem began after upgraded to Photoshop CC2018.  Bridge works fine (although I do not have the Bridge desktop icon, only the windows blank icon) and Lightroom also is working.  I uninstalled CC2018 3 times without any improvement.  I then decided to reinstall CC2017.  The problem did not change.

I keep all of my image files on external drives, only programs are stored on the C drive.  I do not get an error message, the program just stops and I have use Task Manager to close the program.

I hope that this additional information helps.

Thanks,

Tim