What happen when you use the tool. Do you get an error message. Does the forground on background swatch not change or change to b/w. It the correct tool selected what is going on.
Here I selected her lip color.
Supply pertinent information for quicker answers
- The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
- Adobe product and version number
- Operating system and version number
- The full text of any error message(s)
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- Screenshots of the problem
So I want to create a new document and select the colour from one of the images in the background, eg, the girl ion the pink top. Previously the eye dropper has come up when I have hit the custom colour changes, but now it is not. It just comes up as an arrow and then dings when I click on it because it wants me to select from the open boxes only.
1 person found this helpful
The new "New document" dialogue doesn't give the eyedropper when selecting the color. I will report this as a bug, although it seems to be like that even in older versions - I just checked CC2018 and CC2017.
There are two ways round this
1. Go to preferences > General and check "Use Legacy "New Document" interface.
That old style interface still allows the eyedropper.
2. Use the eyedropper to set the background color before opening the new "New document" dialogue. Then from the drop down list select "Background color".