It's probably a unique issue to you.
I've got the same problem so I guess it's not unique. Tried to uninstall/install - same paint 3D icon came back. File icons are OK. Just the icon in the start menu / taskbar is corrupted. Tried also cleaning Windows 10 icon cache. Didn't help.
2 people found this helpful
As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue with Acrobat DC icon in Windows taskbar, is that correct?
Please try following troubleshooting steps:
1) Remove, unpin or delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and (if you have it there) from the taskbar.
2) Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs . "Adobe Acrobat DC" with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it!.. Close the window.
3) Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat... and find Acrobat.exe
4) Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
5) Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu... and close the window
6) Right click on Acrobat.exe - shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
7) Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs... and Paste the shortcut here (you need administrator privileges for that)
8) Rename this shortcut from "Acrobat.exe - shortcut" to "Adobe Acrobat DC"
9) Close the window
10) Now if you open any PDF document, the right icon will appear on the taskbar.
1 person found this helpful
Definitely not unique. I thought it probably was, but when I searched "Adobe Acrobat has 3D Paint icon," here it is! I followed the directions and it works! Thanks!