• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cmd+Opt+S not working

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the "scale and rotate" shortcut (cmd+opt+s) is no longer working. The keys work fine independently and in other shortcuts. Anyone ever have this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Next thing to check would be if you have any system wide utilities that use command-option-s. I have trouble with F6 currently if Parallels is open, it switches over to Parallels instead of giving me a keyframe!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have something selected at the time?

Also, search in Keyboard Shortcuts for "scale", just to make sure you haven't changed the keystroke accidentally. If it isn't already on option-command-s, try doing an Add, then type option-command-s, and you will see a message if that combination is already assigned something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I checked the shortcuts list and it was set correctly. I tried to delete and re-input the keystroke and it won't even read those three keys together. I ended up changing it to Ctrl+Cmd+S since that is close enough, but that is totally bizarre. What's even weirder is that other "Cmd+Opt" shortcuts work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing to check would be if you have any system wide utilities that use command-option-s. I have trouble with F6 currently if Parallels is open, it switches over to Parallels instead of giving me a keyframe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was it. We just started using Microsoft Teams at my company and apparently when I have it open, this keystroke does not work. Strange but at least I know now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines