• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was updated to InDesign CC 2018, but I can't access it

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In mid-November, I was updated to InDesign CC 2018.  However, a few days later, Microsoft sent an update which caused some of my programs to crash.

In an attempt to solve the problem, I used System Restore and picked an earlier date for the status of my OS.  But that eliminated InDesign CC 2018, and in the three weeks or so since, Adobe CC hasn't updated anything.  When I open the CC app, it states that all programs are up to date; from my experience, I know that this is not the case with any of the programs I use.

How do I get the updates back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BWBarefoot.

You said you did a system restore to an earlier OS, but did not mention which one. Here is the link to system requirements:

InDesign system requirements

If you have an OS that does not support CC2018, then it won't be listed, and CC 2017 may be the latest you can use.

But you didn't say which version of InDesign you are running now either, so this is just general information.

Please send more details if this doesn't answer your question.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just checked Control Panel, and it indicates that my version of InDesign is indeed Adobe InDesign 2018, as is the case with all of the Creative Cloud apps I have installed.  Dreamweaver and Illustrator were also updated to the 2018 versions on November 4, and Photoshop was updated on Nov. 14.

A system restore simply moves the existing OS (in this case Windows 10) back to a previous date for purposes of de-bugging.  However, it can remove some programs installed after the install date.  My best memory is that this occurred on Nov. 16, two days after Adobe installed Photoshop 2018.

What further threw me off was that, when I turn on the program, there is no mention of a "2018" date on the start-up screen.  I guess that's a feature I simply thought was there.

But anyway, that's what I thought happened, and I'm happy to see that the updates did survive the system restore.

Hope that settles this once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BWBarefoot  wrote

But anyway, that's what I thought happened, and I'm happy to see that the updates did survive the system restore.

Hope that settles this once and for all.

Just checking—is everything working now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines