• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer says 100% Opacity, but it's not.

Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was working on a photoshop layer that I had set to 90% opacity. Somehow, it got changed to 100% but it is still acting as if it is at 90% transparency. What's even more frustrating is that when I attempt to make a clipping mask, nothing shows up if I use pure black, while white works perfectly. The darker I go, the more it fades into the original layer. How can I get this dumb layer to either go back to 100% transparency, or to work with my clipping mask???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share a screen shot of that file that includes the layers panel open, and that layer selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say the layer is set to 100%, but what about its content.  For instance, the red layer was filled with the pain bucket set to 90%, but the layer is set to 100%.  

What are the layer blend modes?

If you are still stuck, then it might be helpful to paste a screen shot of your workspace showing the layers panel with the problem layer selected.  Just copy the screen to clipboard, and paste to this thread.  No need to use the forum add image widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines