Exit

Prevent "Fill & Sign" entries from flattening

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC version 2018.009.20050 on a Mac OS X 10.10.5

When I used the "fill and sign" option to fill in some details, they were editable throughout the day.

But when I opened the pdf the next day, the entries that I made using the "fill and sign" option were flattened and could not be edited.

How do I prevent my entries from flattening.

Any input on this will be appreciated.

Thanks

Best regards

Zam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZamShabeerThahir,

As you said, that you have used the "Fill & Sign" tool to make the changes in the document. Did you fill the document and also added signature before saving it?

Adding signature to the document makes it flatten and you can not make further changes in it.

Try saving the document- In Acrobat Reader, choose File > Save As or File > Save As Other > Text 

Check the type of document that you have Right click>Document Properties>Security whether you allowed to make changes or not.

You may refer to help doc - Fix the common issues in fillable forms in Acrobat or Reader

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Akki_24

Thanks for your response

I only filled the document. I did not add a signature before saving it. I'm not even sure how to do that.

A lot of forums, ask the same question whether I added signature before saving it. But I don't have a reason to add a signature to a form. All I want to do is fill the form and come back to it later to make changes.

When I save as text, it's not a PDF anymore. It can only be opened using notepad or textedit.

It's really strange why Adobe does not let you fill and edit.

Thanks

Best regards

Zam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines