• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to select multiple artboards at once, on canvas?

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got around to trying artboards. I wish I'd tried them when they came out 2 years ago - they're awesome!

Anyway, I like how you can drag a rectangle over a set of paths with the direct selection tool to select all of the paths that fall inside that rectangle. Similarly, you can use the move tool to drag a rectangle around a bunch of raster layers to select them.

Is there something comparable with artboards? I can't find any way to select lots of artboards in one go (other than using shift-click on the layer panel if they happen to be all in a row)

I can think of some workarounds, such as naming them all in such a way that you can easily isolate them on the layer panel, but I'm looking for a direct way to select a group on-the-fly on the canvas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Shift click on the artboard name on the canvas. Here I've selected Artboards 1 & 3 that way

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but the "at once" in my question title is the crux of the matter. Shift-clicking is what I do currently, but I have 70+ artboards per document, so this ends up being highly inefficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artboards were such a great addition to photoshop and yet they have been left out to dry for so long.

I too struggle with 30+ artboards, I have to hand select each one of them to extract them and it's time consuming especially when you slightly move the cursor while clicking and it moves the whole thing so you gotta Undo and Redo the whole selection thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You could select the artboards in the layer panel instead; It would be easier with a bunch of them using shift to select several ones or command for non adjacent ones

Capture d’écran 2022-08-02 à 16.36.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines