• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open .fla file "an error occurred opening the file"

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project that seems to be corrupted. Multiple .fla files cannot be opened.

I first started having problems with saving the files. I received an error that read something along the lines of "Could not save. Please save to a new location or with a new name." I complied, I saved multiple versions of the file with multiple names on multiple locations on my local drive, and on an external drive.

None of the files will open. Note even the associated RECOVER files will open. I've tried to save the .fla as a .rar and reopen with winRar. I've also saved as a .zip and opened with "The Unarchiver" neither the .xfl or .fla file will open. None of the associated RECOVER files will open either.

Can someone please help me? I am absolutely desperate at this point.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

using winrar is the best bet but often fails.  try using the repair option of winrar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using winrar is the best bet but often fails.  try using the repair option of winrar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the same problem.

Why is this happening and what has this got to do with winrar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know what FLA files are. I use flash since they started in 1996. I still use the drawing and animation tools. Everything Adobe did and does to flash shows that they have no clue about vector animation and scripting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines