• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Saving artwork

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I finish my photoshop artwork right, I save my psd file, and I save again to a new PSD file using the same design theme but will change content for this new file. I Did that, now I have 2 psd files right. I do this continuously so I basically have 4 PSD files. I decided to go back to my 2 saved PSD file and everything was like I NEVER changed it all, in other words it looks just like the 1st file I created so I lost work for that file....

This has happened to me many times in the past, anyone know what is wrong? Is there some certain "saving" function I need to change to avoid this from happening again??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't really sound like a Photoshop issue so much as an operating system problem or a file versioning issue. Are you working on a network? Have you changed the names of the files a little bit at least?

You could try using the Image>Duplicate function if you're looking for an alternative approach but the same file naming and operating system issues apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That actually makes sense, I am working off a network. Is this a windows setting do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say that I have ever run into this myself, but this came to mind when reading your post.  I don't have a clear and deep understanding of how this works and its implications.

What time period are we talking about here?  Is this happening over several minutes, or straight away?

If you close all documents so you have the Start Screen visible, and recent documents is set to Preview rather than list, do the previews appear as you would expect them to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines