• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD CC possible to change the shape of the interactive area?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was wondering if someone could answer a question I had about the Adobe XD CC program. I'm in prototype mode and all the "clickable" interactive objects have this blue rectangle fitted around them. This is showing the clickable space for that object. My question is if that can be changed to a shape of my choosing (like something made with the pen tool) I don't know if that is clear enough. If you need more clarification, let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Currently, the hotspot or "hit area" (the blue rectangle you're seeing) is always rectangular.  If you'd like to be able to use more complex shapes, please file a feature request at Adobe XD: Feature Requests​ (so far I don't think we have this request logged there yet).

In the meantime, as a workaround you can create several overlapping rectangular hotspots to build up a more complex shape.  You can create diagonal edges by rotating the rectangles.  You can make rectangles invisible (but still c

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an Object mode when you're drawing. It puts what you draw into an object, so that it doesn't accidentally connect to the next thing you will draw. The Tools palette has an option to turn Object mode off.

If you have something drawn in Object mode, you can select and do Modify/Break Apart to make it be non-object shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is for adobe xd? I don't see that anywhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey sammio,

Can you please attach a screenshot shot showing which blue rectangle you are talking about?

Thanks,

Anush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I must have been on drugs! My answer is exactly right, only for Adobe Animate and not XD!

Back to XD, one thing you can do is double-click on a bitmap, and then drag its corners around, add extra handles, create quite a complicated shape. In Prototype that distorted bitmap will have a tight highlight, in the shape that you made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, shapes that you make with the pen tool have a tight highlight too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently, the hotspot or "hit area" (the blue rectangle you're seeing) is always rectangular.  If you'd like to be able to use more complex shapes, please file a feature request at Adobe XD: Feature Requests​ (so far I don't think we have this request logged there yet).

In the meantime, as a workaround you can create several overlapping rectangular hotspots to build up a more complex shape.  You can create diagonal edges by rotating the rectangles.  You can make rectangles invisible (but still clickable) by setting opacity to 0.  And you can quickly make all the hotspot rectangles link to the same destination by selecting one in Prototype mode, copying it to the clipboard, and then selecting all the other shapes and using Paste Interaction to apply the same interaction to all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines