3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2017 9:15 AM by HothWampa

Delete default tool presets

HothWampa Level 2

Hi,

I just installed the new Brushbox and every time I load PS I get a message asking me to synchronise presets unless I add a bunch of tool presets I don't want.

That's them in the screenshot below. I've deleted the presets from the Presets Tools folder in Program Files and have also deleted them from the box below but they keep coming back. Is there any way I can have this box empty since the tool presets of my own were recommended to me by PS to load as brushes which I did.

Thanks.

That1.jpg

• 1. Re: Delete default tool presets
          Ahmed Yousef Level 2

To remove the complete set delete My Painting Tools.tpl file located in the Tools folder at the below location. You can also navigate to the Tools folder from the Preset Manger by selecting 'Load Tool Presets' and then delete the .tpl file. You'll need to restart PS to load the Preset change.

Default preset locations

The default location for saving/loading/replacing presets depends on your operating system.

• Windows 7 and Windows Vista: [Drive]:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop[version_number]\Presets.

• Mac: <User>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobePhotoshop[version_number]/Presets
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Delete default tool presets
            davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi

Use the preset manager.

Highlight those you don't want and click delete:

Dave

2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Delete default tool presets
              HothWampa Level 2

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately that folder is empty Ahmed and I've already deleted them via preset manager Dave but they still come back. I also saved the workspace after to see if it would help but no.

Well I found them. They're in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Required called Default Tool Presets and if I deleted them I got PS giving me an error message telling me it can't find the default presets and if I put them back I get Brushbox  giving me an error if I don't sync. them. I had to create a tool preset set of 1 and rename it default tool presets and overwrite the real defaults. At least it's a tool I'll use though. What a palava, thanks for trying guys