2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2008 1:49 PM by CFDad

Error doing demo recording of Acrobat

CFDad
      I filed a bug but don't know how long it will take for a response. I'm trying to do a demo recording of a PDF in Acrobat Professional 8.1 at 1024x768. All goes well until I add a form field to the PDF. The properties box pops open and all seems well until I click any drop-down menu like Visibility, or Font. at that point Acrobat crashes and Captivate continues to run fine. What is causing the crash and how do I stop it?

- Rob
        • 1. Re: Error doing demo recording of Acrobat
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Rob

Don't bate your breath waiting on a response from Adobe. This is because the Bug Reporting form is largely a one way street. Don't get me wrong, they do see these. But seldom do they respond. You would have better luck seeing official support. I believe the bottom of this page has a link to support. Just in case you are looking at this via E-Mail, I'll create a link right here that should do the same thing.

Hopefully this helps a tad... Rick
          • 2. Re: Error doing demo recording of Acrobat
            CFDad Level 1
            Thanks Rick, I opened up a support case.. let's see how that goes. If I had to guess I'd say there is a bug related to the logic that tells captivate when to switch using full-motion capture on things like animated drop-downs.

Truth be told, if I pause a recording in Captivate when I'm about to click a drop-down, it won't crash - then I can resume and record the click on a drop-down menu and continue on, but this is a lame work around.