• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add a comp to the timeline from the Project list

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the latest AE CC (Windows 10). The last two comps I created, for some reason, I cannot add them to the timeline of certain comps, I get a 'not able' icon, the same happens if I tried to add it to the Viewer window.

The thing is that I can add these comps to some other comps. And I can add other comps to first ones. It makes no sense. I tried changing the comps names, cleared the cache, restarted IE and Windows and nothing works.

I did have a Memory leak problem error earlier today, so don't know if it makes any difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

ae-error.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Probably because the comp you are dropping into is precomped within the comp you are trying to drop on. Thus causing a never-ending loop which may make the universe implode on itself if this were to ever happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably because the comp you are dropping into is precomped within the comp you are trying to drop on. Thus causing a never-ending loop which may make the universe implode on itself if this were to ever happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, of course! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You will not believe how much this helped me. A simple mistake I made causing this "endless loop" prospect has really made me so much more aware of what I am doing as I learn. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At first I thought this was a joke comment, funny but not useful but then I read it again and you finally solved the mystery of the universe. ILYSB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines