• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't print Handouts to Microsoft Word (Captivate 2017)

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I was looking for ways to put all of my slide notes into one document for a quick review, and I got the idea from this forum to Print Handouts, and include the slide notes.

I selected the Type Handouts, and under the Handout Layout Options, I chose slide notes. I clicked Publish, and then I am prompted with a Save dialog box from MS Word. I choose a name and location, and click Save.

I get the error message:

Publish to MS Word failed. Retry after ensuring that

- the document is not open.

- You have installed Microsoft Word.

The document doesn't exist yet, and MS Word is installed, so I don't know why it's failing.

Any ideas on how to print or export slide notes into another document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue on two Macintosh computers running Captivate 2017 and Office Word for Mac Version 16.9.1.  Permission dialogue boxes are popping up and sometimes it will parse out one page with a header.  Overall it is unreliable.  It is working on PC platform. I have not seen any feedback from Adobe, so it looks like they want the freemium community to solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same difficulty.  Adobe Captivate 2017 and Office Word for Mac Version 16.10.  I have looked at other posts that discuss not using tables, etc., but no matter what option I choose, no luck.  There was a post in Captivate 5 to contact Ashwin for a hot fix, but that post is quite old.

Guess I will have to use screen shots and transfer info from my storyboard.  If anyone figures this out, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources